A few things I purchased in preparation for the lovely season that I believe, judging by yesterday's rain and today's wind, is officially upon us:
1. pumpkin colored blouse, Old Navy
2. blue-gray oxfords, Old Navy
3. Army green booties that I have been thinking about all month, Old Navy
4. trading in my Summer pastels for a darker Autumn shade, Target
5. Slouchy hat for rainy days/bad hair days, Target
I also made my first soup of the Fall! I had coffee late the other night in order to stay awake for the 70 pages of Thoreau I had to read, which kept me wide awake well past the time I finished reading. So I was in the kitchen like a crazy woman at midnight, chopping and stirring and simmering until this delicious chicken noodle soup with cheese tortellini was done! All you do is make a normal chicken noodle but add refrigerated tortellini instead of the regular noodles. It's so-so-so good, especially right after walking home in the rain from classes.
What are your essentials for Fall?