Tuesday, August 9, 2011

the simple life

pirate1
Just a quick post, as today is my first day in Idaho with my extended family--however, my computer is finally fixed & I have a lot of blog material gathered up, so I didn't want to wait! I'm sitting in the Sandpoint Starbucks with my dad, overlooking the river and listening to the locals wander in and out. The water, sun, mountains and people are so beautiful here. It feels absolutely amazing to be away.
shorts
Anyway, I wanted to show what my summer uniform has basically been for the last month. These shorts, which used to be mom jeans and have now turned into mom shorts, are my go-to when I don't feel energetic enough to put together a real outfit! Tuck a tank in, belt 'em, and I'm set.
shorts collage
I wore this to take Ral out to his birthday brunch last week--more on his birthday coming. Like I said, it's a very simple outfit, but we all know it's not always possible (or necessary) to go all out, especially on lazy summer days. I really love seeing the more simple, everyday outfits that my favorite bloggers post now and then, because I feel like it shows the human, imperfect sides of everyone & gives us a real glimpse into each others lives. Let's be honest, we all have our days!
ral2
Raleigh tries to be tough sometimes. What do you think, did it work?

Shorts, Tank, & Belt: Thrifted

3 comments:

Spinner's End said...

There's no shame in dressing simply. I actually think it's much more difficult to edit an outfit down to something minimal and still look stylish. Love those shorts, I have plans to make a similar pair after my next thrift store trip. =)

bridget anne said...

So true about dressing simply. I love the minimalist look you're doing here, it's gorgeous, and you'll always look like a 1970s beauty. And I agree, it does give us a chance to glimpse into each other's lives -- authentically.

Anonymous said...

those shorts look amazing on you! love simple outfits like these

talesofmonkeyandpig.blogspot.com