Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I'm coming home again

One of the best parts about being home are the slow mornings - containing homemade breakfast treats made with fruit fresh from the garden and a mocha made sleepily with our espresso machine (one of the things I miss most in college). As I've said before, I love breakfast foods so much! And waking up realizing I have nowhere to be is one of the best feelings in the world. Slow mornings.



And! during one of my slow mornings while at home this week, my very special friend Sam came by to catch up. He has been in China for the last 3 months, ministering and travelling and helping wherever he could. He told me that the trip broke his heart and put it back together again, 10x as big. They even visited leper colonies...his stories from the trip were amazing. It is so great to hear from my friends who are really, really living to their greatest potential. So great to catch up with him, and he gave me some Chinese money and a four leaf clover that he found in China! One of the best souveniers I've ever gotten, besides red Chanel lipstick from London of course.

1 comment:

bridget anne said...

Charity Dear,

I too LOVE breakfast food. Would you like to have a breakfast party sometime this quarter with Brittany? Because I would :] Also, my boyfriend owns a Starbucks espresso machine...we may be able to sneak it away for a time.

Enjoy your spring break!