Friday, September 10, 2010

Bonjour, l'Automne.

this is my current situation: wearing a sweater and wool booties, eating gingerbread crisps (from Trader Joe's - so yum, go get some), drinking a homemade vanilla chai, and listening to Regina Spektor (and blogging, but that's a given, no?). And this morning I ordered a pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks.. so I must say, it's time to say hello to Fall. The summer slipped away too early for my taste, but now that the sun is tucked behind the clouds for the remainder of the next six months we can celebrate the coming of the next season. By moving into cute new apartments in a lovely town, par example! Or in smaller steps, like wearing scarves and boots and chunky sweaters that look like they just came off of Jennifer Aniston in one of her many rom-coms.


I am in the process of packing to move in just a few days (yes!) and am now on the fun parts, like packing up my room. I went shopping with my mom the other day and bought so many frames and candles/holders, and as I put my personal pictures into them and tucked them into a big box with all the gorgeously scented candles, I got so excited to have my own space. A room that is no one else's but my own. That is something I've never had, since I grew up in a family of seven and then shared a dorm room with two others last year. I've never had a place that is fully my own, that I can fill with absolutely anything I want. And for some reason, collecting all those photos and candles made me so thrilled to fill that bedroom. It seems like something so simple, but I am going to cherish my room. Just you wait. And, with all the candles I bought...it is going to smell absolutely delicious.

No comments: