Tuesday, April 17, 2012

polka dots & hearts of ivy

I'll just start with this: I had a really lovely weekend. From a hip hop show to dancing with my friends until 3am to a gorgeous hike to celebratory potato burritos to church and coffee and cribbage games and karaoke; I can't possibly complain. Then, to put a cherry on top, on Sunday afternoon my wonderful friend Danielle took some photos of me for graduation announcements. This is the first of three sets.  
I'm not sure who made/prunes this ivy heart, but it is a perfect example of the kind of town I live in. It's right downtown and is of course a favorite spot for engagement photos & the like. I'd love to meet it's maker. 
I hope you are all getting the sunshine that Washington has been blessed with! I'm beyond ready for hikes, picnics, beach sunsets, evening strolls, reggae night, lake days, and everything else that tastes like summer. 
Also: you fantastic readers have to help me choose which photo to use for my announcements! There will be two more sets of photos this week, but if you think one of these is it, let me know. You're the best. 

skirt: Buffalo Exchange, tank: H&M, necklace: PacSun, boots: Charlotte Russe

21 comments:

Amelia said...

so glad you had a good weekend! that ivy heart is the sweetest thing. & i'm absolutely in love with all of these.

jes @ twosmuppies said...

i love the ivy heart! i want one of those in my front yard. and in my backyard. and in my house?

Amanda k. said...

Love, love your skirt. That heart is so cute! Where in town is it? I would love to do some outfit posts there :)!

The Fashion Moodboard said...

Beautiful pictures, I love the heart, looks great! And your outfit is really cute! glad to hear you had a good weekend.

xoxo
www.fashionmoodboard.com

Anonymous said...

Well I love these already, but i'm excited to see the next set too. Your weekend sounds absolutely perfect.

Wren
http://www.houseofwren.blogspot.ca/

Annie said...

You look SO pretty in that skirt - love it!

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

nicole s. said...

alright, i finally broke down and bought those boots because they look perfect with absolutely everything you wear and i need them. i love these announcements! i need to do mine.

Nathalie St-Pierre Roths said...

Love the look and love that heartshape bush too!


Nathalie
http://nathaliecalifornie.blogspot.com/

My first blog Giveaway: http://nathaliecalifornie.blogspot.com/2012/04/mary-see-concours-carte-cadeaux.html

Grace Wainwright said...

That skirt is unbelievably cute. I'm so glad I found your blog! Your style is so chic.

A Southern Drawl

Josephine Pearl said...

Love you skirt and boots :) you look lovely.
Very jealous of your nice weather, its still pretty cold her in the UK.

Josephine. xx

Theresa said...

You are gorgeous! I love your skirt!
This location is so perfect. Honestly, Washington is one of the choices of where I would like to live in the future, this is an example of why this would be the case.
I can't wait to see the other sets of photos! xx

Anonymous said...

The second and third pictures are my favorite, but all of this came out really well! Lovely skirt!

Judy
SecondGlimpses.blogspot.com

Amanda Raborn said...

LOVE the skirt... and those booties come in red. Have you seen them? They're killer! Thanks for sharing and you look great! :)

Amanda
It's an Easy Life

Unknown said...

beautiful! that skirt is amazing!

xxx
www.ladyalamode.com

Nicole said...

That skirt is too gorgeous for words...
And you're right, perfect spot for engagement pics!
xx

Alexandra said...

The hemline of the skirt is so stunning, and I love the soft little polka dots on them! This is a stunning look love.

Alexandra xo

http://tovogueorbust.com/

Olivia said...

so fun! love that skirt & boots

alissa b said...

omg. love that fourth photo with you infront of the ivy looking down. love it.

great photos, great post!

alissa b
http://alissab.us

Unknown said...

Aw you look so pretty! I love your high-low skirt and the cool background for these pictures. I'm graduating too, but I don't have any fun pictures! haha
I plan on going on a campus-wide picture-taking rampage before the graduation ceremony though!

Unknown said...

Hey sweetie! You have a very beautiful blog with a lot of inspiring posts! I am your newest follower:) If you want, you can follow me back, I'd be very happy!

bridget anne said...

love these. you are such a beautiful girl. it truly is the heart of bellingham.