Monday, April 16, 2012

Sunday breakfast: Raspberry Buttermilk Cake

I found this recipe from the Smitten Kitchen blog via Pinterest about a month ago and seriously could not stop thinking about how much I wanted to make it. Breakfast foods are my ultimate weakness--basically, anything that can be paired well with coffee is fabulous in my book. I wanted to wait and make it this summer with raspberries from my mom's garden, but I just couldn't. I bought an eight dollar package of raspberries and got to work. 
This cake is perfectly sweet & tart, simple enough to let the berries do the talking. If you wanted to make it sweeter, you could throw in some white chocolate chips, but I loved the tartness so I left it as is. 
This was so easy to whip up & would be perfection as part of a summer brunch with friends and family. You could even add some blueberries or lemon zest--go crazy! My final advice: serve warm, with hot coffee. And go back for seconds. Find the recipe here! 

9 comments:

Style Servings said...

Ooooh looks and sounds amazing!

Josephine Pearl said...

WOW thank you for posting about this, I will have to try and make it :) looks yummy :)

Josephine xx

Amanda Raborn said...

Okay this looks AMAZING. And my husband LOVES raspberries so I will definitely be giving this a go! Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you had a fantastic weekend!

Amanda
It's an Easy Life

Amanda k. said...

Yuuum, looks so tasty! Coffee really does make everything better :)

Julie D. said...

Looks delicious! And I like the idea of adding white chocolate chips too

hudsoneast.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

Oooh yum, it looks amazing!!:)XX

Unknown said...

Oh man, this looks so incredibly tasty. I have a weakness for breakfast pastries and cakes. I would eat them every day if I could. This one looks so good too.

A and B said...

That looks so delicious! Nothing better than a buttermilk cake!

bridget anne said...

that mug is unreal! wah! want!