Sunday, April 21, 2013

sunday sweet: peanut butter brookies

I'm sure all of you pinners have seen this recipe floating around the last few months. I have, and most recently...my boyfriend spotted it. Pointed it out to me. Hint, hint. 
Sure, these are a bit excessive. But you know what? So are stress, long days, and rough times. So I say it evens out. We all need some indulgence every once in a while. So go for it, y'all. 
These are pretty easy: make your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe (I halved my recipe & still had some dough left over), pat a heaping spoonful into each cupcake tin. Place a peanut butter cup upside-down on dough. Prepare brownie batter (I made dark chocolate, my weakness) and pour another heaping spoonful over each cookie. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes. Et voila! Serve warm with a big glass of cold milk or a hot mug of coffee on the side. The yummest. What are you bakin' lately? Do tell! xo. 

6 comments:

kristyn said...

my goodness, my boyfriend and i just sat here reading this recipe, our mouths watering. adding this to my "to-bake" list for next week! looks amazing.

thanks for stopping by my blog! your's is lovely--and i noticed you studied creative writing? that's kind of my major's focus, and i'm planning to get my mfacw in the next couple of years! so nice to meet another writer :)

grace & love,
kristyn

Leanna Kay said...

oh boy. Adding this to my 'things to bake' list. These look heavenly, peanut butter cups are my favorite :) Thanks for sharing!

Marlen said...

yummmm that recipe sounds bomb! anything with peanut butter and chocolate, and i'm in. and i love how your boyfriend pointed it out hahah so cute!

xo marlen
Messages on a Napkin

Jamie Rose said...

Yummmm! There are few flavor combinations I love as much as chocolate and peanut butter. These look delicious!

kaila mo said...

ahh YUM!!!! those look so good and easy to make! your blog is awesome!

James Lim said...

I won't make it, but if you deliver some to me I would love that.