Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weddings and lack thereof



These are from my beautiful friend Maria's wedding shower last month. As of yesterday, she is a married woman! Her and her husband, who is another friend of mine, got married on the beach in Costa Rica and are now bopping around there for another 3 weeks to celebrate. Jealous!
I'm at that age where friends of mine are starting to get married, which is bizarre and wonderful, but it is also serving to make me realize how little I want to be married at this point in my life. Someone asked me the other day if I wanted to get engaged soon, and I came back with a "Hell no!" without meaning to respond so strongly. I'm only 20! For some people, it is completely perfect and right to get married young (like my friend Maria and her husband), but sometimes I think young Christian couples feel like they need to rush to get married because that's what they're "supposed" to do, and one should never make such a decision because of applied pressure. I have alot to do, independently, before I get married, and I see that taking up the next several years.

No comments: