Tuesday, March 15, 2011

a quick note before bed

Quick update:
- I can't stop thinking & praying about the on-going tragedy happening in Japan. If you're able (and I'm sure you are!) text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10, added to your phone bill. Do that instead of going to a movie this weekend - the very, very, very, VERY least we can do.
- As of 5:30pm today, I am done with finals. After hours upon hours spent in the library, countless cups of coffee, and stress for days, I can breathe easily (at least academically speaking) for the next two weeks! It feels so good to be done - I finally got to clean my room & do my laundry...exciting stuff, right?
- I leave to do humanitarian work on a Navajo Reservation in just FOUR DAYS! I tried to pack some tonight, but have already given up...packing is not my strong point. But no matter what, I will be at the airport at 4:45 am Saturday morning (ouch). I cannot wait to be immersed in a culture that is completely new to me - so much to see and learn! I will have a ton of photos, I'm sure.
- I have a ton of pictures/thoughts that need to be blogged - luckily, I get to spend the next four days relaxing at my parents' house, so stay tuned for tons of upcoming posts.

Also, it is avacado season again! I made the best guacamole the other day, and it tasted like summer.

No comments: