Thursday, February 9, 2012

Rachel Zoe and Grey Goose

I'm kind of obsessed with Rachel Zoe. She's fabulous, has the most amazing collection of vintage, wears whatever she wants, always has a coffee in hand, and styles for a living. I mean, really--her life is ba-na-nas.  Now, I am a college student and, though I do usually have coffee in hand, my life hardly resembles Rachel's at all--except when I wear this jacket. I call it my Zoe jacket, because the shape/color resembles jackets I've seen her wear a thousand times. Granted, hers are all vintage Chanel, but a thrifted ByCorpus jacket is the closest I'll be getting to that anytime soon. Also I've never seen her in cut-off jean shorts, but I wouldn't hate it. 

I wanted to soften up this look with some girly nails, so I tried this look that's been going around Pinterest: you dip nails in alcohol & then lay strips of newspaper across them and the text transfers onto your nail...which explains the fifth of Grey Goose I had out at 10 in the morning. My roommate walked sleepily past me, saw the vodka and didn't even blink--mid terms are definitely here. 

loafers, jacket, shorts: thrifted, tights: Kohl's, sweater & scarf: Forever 21, necklace: UO

15 comments:

Amelia said...

hahhah oh college. you look adorable, very rachel zoe.

Wild Flower said...

Cute! I totally love your Rachel inspired jacket, it's so cute! Haha,I love your story about the grey goose. Love the high waisted shorts too, so adorable!

Kaylee
xo

Marina_B said...

Love Rachel Zoe...Like yor outfit !!
Would you like to follow each other?? ;>
See U soon on http://fashionistb.blogspot.com/

ShyScout said...

You definitely remind me of her in this look. I really like the jacket/short/and tights combination. Also your nails look great. What a neat trick. The part about your room mate walking in to see you with the grey goose cracked me up.

BF said...

I've definitely been quite partial to Rachel Zoe, those nails are really fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow :) Those tights are uber cute! And your jacket looks just as awesome as vintage Chanel :P

Say x
eighteenthofmay.blogspot.com

Sampada said...

I've been wanting to try the newspaper nails for a long long time...but I don't know why I haven't gotten around to it! Lovely outfit, though.

-Rose

Unknown said...

Gorgeous outfit, very nice nails!
xx
Saraalwan.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Really great outfit, love that jacket, so beautifully tailored!
And your nails look AMAZING! I need to try this!!

Drea xo

dreasjunkyard.blogspot.com

Lovelyladyjb said...

Rachel Zoe is funny! :) Cute outfit! New follower :)

Nikki said...

I love the jacket, and I agree it's very 'Rachel Zoe'! You look lovely:) Xx

Alice Barton said...

nce cut offs!
Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

Ashley, Lions Lace Lattes said...

That jacket is awesome and I have that scarf! :)

Midwest Muse said...

What a great look! I've been dying to find a pair of good cut offs. Still hasn't happened. And that's one of my favorite nail tricks.

Anonymous said...

You definitely channeling Rachel Zoe in that jacket, too cute!