Saturday, February 11, 2012

Saturday Soup

My favorite thing to eat in the cold months is soup. Served with yummy bread, warm socks, and a good book, there's nothing better to warm you up! I saw this Pin for Cheesy Vegetable Chowder and made it on a night where I was feeling particularly Writer's Block-y: I'd been trying all afternoon to come up with something clever for a writing assignment and was getting nowhere. So I took a break to make/devour this soup, and it worked! Got it done in time and my prof loved it. The moral of the story is: eat more soup. 


I got these sweet heart-shaped measuring spoons at a garage sale--aren't they precious?  
I had the chowder with Rosemary Potato Bread and it was wonderful. Making a pot of soup is perfect for the weekend when you know you'll have a full week ahead--I had something quick and delicious to warm up after my late class that I am always starving after. Find the recipe here!

What are your favorite winter recipes? 

12 comments:

Rachael said...

I'm making soup tonight too! I'm off to Steve's parents for a couple of nights and although their cooking is delish, it will be calorific and not really work with my supposed healthy eating plan. Rx


http://sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.com/

Marta said...

You have such a lovely blog and all this food is amazing hahah :Dxx

Unknown said...

The soup looks so tasty! Yum!
Also, the heart shaped measuring spoons are adorable.

Unknown said...

Great blog!!! If you want take a look at my new blog!!! Follow each other??? Let me know!! kiss :D

http://thefashionscan.blogspot.com/

Lovelyladyjb said...

soup looks delish. I am going to try this recipe!

Elliespeaks said...

AHHHH Charity I'm so excited for how well your blog is doing! YAAAAAAAAAYYY. I really really love your posts. You're doing a grand job my dear, keep it up!

melody said...

that looks so good and healthy! i unfortunately do not have a lot of time to do a lot of cooking and eat healthy the way i want to =/ but my favorite recipe for the winter as of right now is spaghetti! it's easy and it always tastes good the next day, especially when i need it for lunch!

Andrea Clare said...

mmm this look sooo delicious!!! I love your blog, just found you! I'm now following:) P.S. We are boarder neighbours (I live in Vancouver!) Check out my blog if you like...

http://www.andrea-clare.blogspot.com/

Ashley, Lions Lace Lattes said...

This looks so delish! I'm pretty much obsessed with soup in the winter. My husband is starting to get annoyed at how often I make soup. Haha. :)

xo Ashley

Midwest Muse said...

This looks AMAZING. I need to make this soup. Oh god.

Unknown said...

This looks yummy! And I have those same measuring spoons:)

~Heather

bridget anne said...

i LOVE the measuring spoons!