Monday, February 13, 2012

ready for love

Yep, I would say I'm ready for Valentine's Day. Raleigh and I are celebrating tonight, with sushi at our favorite place, a bottle of champagne, and (finally) watching Midnight in Paris. I can't resist a theme, so today's outfit has pink AND red AND a heart print skirt...really, I couldn't help it. My roommates and I threw a "Lover's and Friends" Valentine's Day party this weekend and we had the best time celebrating all kinds of love, from boyfriends to roommates to friends to sisters! I'll share pictures tomorrow. And last night was a lazy night spent with our best guy friends: Thai takeout, leftover treats from the party, the Grammys, and some Valentine crafting--our friend Victor made the card above, how sweet is it? 

What are you doing to celebrate Valentine's Day? Remember it can celebrate any kind of love, not just the kind within a relationship. xoxo!

blouse: Forever 21, skirt: Zara (seen here), shoes & belt: Target
Pink + Red | Everybody, Everywear

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll love Midnight in Paris, I finally watched it last weekend. Good Valentine's Day movie. We go to the same restaurant every year for Valentines Day (it will be out 4th year in a row, wow!) Its small and quiet and just fancy enough to get dressed up, I can't wait!

Wild Flower said...

How sweet! I love the red and pink and hearts, even if it is cliche. I hope you have a great time tonight with the boy! That card is fantastic, I almost want to steal his idea, and make one for my boyfriend :3 haha.

Oh, Midnight in Paris is amazing!

Kaylee
xo

Unknown said...

Really pretty outfit, that that pink blouse! Well I'm in college till 9pm so my Valentines will be spent with my tutor and Irish cinema haha!

Drea xo

dreasjunkyard.blogspot.com

Lindsey Dixon said...

You are too cute! I don't have any special Valentine's plans...my fiance Curtis and I are actually having dinner Wednesday night!

XOXO, Lindsey

melody said...

love the outfit and adorable card! no real valentine's plan for tomorrow, class and work for me. we will probably celebrate this coming weekend!

jeni said...

everything about this post just warms my heart. loving the outfit, the date, the lovers and friends valentine's day party, and the card. TOO CUTE!

(and i def celebrated my friends, like you. there's a lovely bouquet of roses in my apt fr me to my roomies.)

Jana K said...

Aww, this is such a cute post. I love the outfit :) And that card??? how adorable can you get?

I don't do much for Valentine's day, just have a fancy dinner with my family and eat chocolate. But it's a lot of fun!

Nikki said...

You look so pretty! Love the colours:) Have a wonderful Valentines Day! Xx

Megan said...

SO cute! I love your outfit, it's so sweet and that card is even more sweet... ADORABLE :) Happy Valentines Day!

Anonymous said...

I love this outfit! Especially the wine colour and the light pink together.

And that card is so clever!

Wren

Midwest Muse said...

ADorable. I love your scarf and I hope you have a lovely time celebrating!

nancy @ adore to adorn said...

so sweet. your plans sound wonderful. And I love Midnight in Paris - such a good film!
Happy Valentine's Day!
xo,
nancy

Kia Gomez said...

Hey !
That card is the best !
You look super cute by the way :)

xoxo

Jennifer said...

Aw this is such a cute, sweet outfit :)

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

bridget anne said...

we watched midnight in paris too! the first several minutes of unscripted, straight paris footage basically killed my soul. woody would.

<3

Katie said...

what an adorable outfit! you look beautiful!

TracyJackson said...

lovely outfit !!

amanda said...

seriously. that card? so cute! and i love your valentine outfit. perfect for the occasion :)

Serena said...

You are adorable. I love this outfit - especially the lovely polka dotted skirt! <3

CatCat said...

Wow! Absolutely love your cowl and pink blouse. You look cute and gorgeous. :)

Cheers,
Cathy@Hearty Nurse Uniforms this Heart Month