Saturday, December 17, 2011

December Thrifting

Another perk of being home: my mom knows all the best thrifting spots. Yesterday we got up early (early for me that is, meaning 8:45), grabbed coffee, and hit up all the tiny thrift stores in Gig Harbor run by adorable old ladies. I've noticed that Goodwill and Value Village have been upping their prices considerably over the last few years, so I love scouting out the small, independent ones--they're cheaper and usually give all of their profits to charities, hospitals, churches, or nonprofits. It's a win-win. Not to mention I got all five of these items for $13.50 altogether!   
Classic Ralph Lauren cable knit sweater, $3.00
high-waisted skinny trousers, $3.50
white grandma cardi, $2.00
leather loafers, $2.50
grandma sidebag, $2.50

I've already worn the Ralph Lauren sweater for homemade pizza, hard cider, & Elf last night, and am scheming the perfect way to style the trousers for a birthday brunch next week. Seriously, how good does a successful thrifting day feel? What are you favorite second-hand purchases so far?

13 comments:

melody said...

i love every piece that you have purchased, especially the leather loafers! i wish my mom knew of some tiny thrift store boutiques. those are steals! can't wait to see you put them together in an outfit!

melody.iliria

Sampada said...

everything is so pretty! and at what great prices!

-Rose

rose-et-violet.blogspot.com

Sara Fernández Medina. said...

lovely blog , if you want we can follow each other , just let me know.
smilesandmiless.blogspot.com

Mikhaila said...

Oh my goodness, you found such amazing pieces! The thrift stores by me are usually picked over. :(

Midwest Muse said...

What great thrifting finds!

Anonymous said...

Love successful thrifting days, and this one was a home run! Love those shoes :)

Ly said...

Amazing. I wish I could thrift. I lack both patience and time. I love all you picks the sidebag and shoes...I need them haha.

http://www.lyzhang.com

Nicole said...

Yay for thrifting!!!
Lovely pieces there :)

Nikki said...

Wow what great finds!! Every single piece is beautiful!:)Xx

Piia Õ. said...

wow , the loafers and bag are absolutely wonderful !!
And thank you so much for following and commenting my blog :)
-P.
Bowtie Diary

erica marie said...

Wow such great thrifted finds. I absolutely love finding great deals at the thrift store.

xo erica

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

adore that sidebag! I haven't had a great thrifting day in awhile but it sure does feel great! That's so cool your mom loves thrifting as well, mine hates any kind of shopping haha.

http://dusanabotswana.com/

Alice Barton said...

what great finds!!! lucky girl :) alice