Monday, December 12, 2011

hunting in vintage

I know, I know--we're a bit late. But my family patiently waited for me to be done with finals before going hunting for our tree, so I got to join! Today was a clear, sunny day; a perfect day for a tree hunt. We have gone to the same tree farm for years now and the ritual doesn't change: my brother carries the saw, my mom makes a comment about how she would prefer a blue-tinted tree, I take photos, we finally agree on the perfect tree, my dad cuts it down, my brother sets it on the cart, we go inside for cookies and cider. This year was no exception. 
My sister left this fur-lined vintage coat behind when she moved to Hawaii, and it would be cruel to let it sit in a closet, right? I love the gold clasps on it. The red-wine colored scarf was an early birthday gift from my roommate Angela. She had this color featured in her shop and, considering I'm obsessed with that shade this holiday season, I had to ask her for one. I probably won't take it off for the next week. 
What color will you be wearing for the holidays?

9 comments:

Natalie said...

LOVE your tree tradition! I love the whole Christmas tree adventure. Being a 'grown up' now, I can take advantage of trimming ours, my family's like we did when we were kids, and my hubs family too. Good deal right?!

And, your outfit is super cute! I'm so craving a camel coloured coat right now. AND a scarf like that. I just started knitting one that I thought would be a present, but now I just might keep it for myself! Ok, longest comment ever! xx Natalie

melody said...

Thank you for the comment! I love your blog! You are super cute and creative. I am from Tacoma but I go to school in Seattle! I will be following you too and will be definitely stopping by a lot =)

melody said...

Yay another northwest native! Bellingham is beautiful, been there once for a staycation and I loved it! It's really nice to have a fellow northwest blogger. I am fairly new to the blog world =) maybe I will run into someday!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think that coat should most certainly be worn. I love your cute family tradition :)

Nicole said...

That scarf really suits you :) lovely pictures as usual. And love the vintage ;)

Midwest Muse said...

Those are amazing boots and a beautiful scarf! I want to cut my own tree down, but we use those fake ones! Boo!

Unknown said...

LOVe the photos!happy holidays! hope you can check out my blog for some +vibes and inspiration! I am hosting 3 great giveaways, 2 of which end at midnight, tonight :) xo!

alissa b said...

great photos! and i really love your outfit here! i love autumn/fall since you get to layer and bundle up!

great photos, great post!

alissa b
http://alissab.us

danni said...

i love the closure on your jacket! so original and fun

yay for christmas trees!

xoxo danni