Thursday, December 15, 2011

south for the winter

Did you know that one of the main reasons that birds migrate in the winter is to find a better source of food? After the last few days of my mom's home-cooked meals, yummy holiday treats, and as many lattes as I can drink...I'm starting to think they have the right idea. Flying (driving) south for the winter is treating me well.
 I warned you that I wouldn't be taking this scarf off anytime soon! I wore it with this skirt (borrowed from my sister) to go thrifting and craft supply shopping with my mom and brother yesterday. Today was a day spent walking around downtown Seattle with friends from town: window shopping, sipping coffee, looking at all the Christmas lights, and catching up. It was fun and Christmas-y, and I am very proud of myself for making it through Forever 21, H&M, AND Urban Outfitters without buying a thing. I may have finally found self control in regards to shopping. Holla! 

sweater: Old Navy, skirt: Forever 21, scarf: garden and sea etsy

9 comments:

Sampada said...

I really love that scarf it's so cute!

-Violet

Down This Road said...

looove that scarf! x

Sampada said...

I have that skirt!

-Rose

sorelle in style said...

Ooh I wouldn't take that scarf off, either! It is such a gorgeous color and looks so warm and cozy! What adorable little birds, too!

Hope you have a fantastic weekend! :)

-j
sorelle in style

Midwest Muse said...

This outfit is so cozy and I love the color on your scarf. I recently purchased one and I will never be taking it off. Also I love your post title (clearly it's true for you), but it's also a song by one of my favorite bands!

Anonymous said...

Lovely scarf. (:

Maria Elyse said...

Gaaahhhhh, that scarf is perfect! Please don't take it off anytime soon! Haha. :) I love this outfit so much. So cozy and winter-y. :)

Whoa, I am proud of your self control! I am having sooooo much trouble not buying "Christmas presents for myself" every other day, haha.

xo
Maria Elyse
First Impressions
Flying Ships Vintage

Annie said...

Love this look! That scarf is awesome and what a pretty skirt :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Wild Flower said...

Really cute outfit girl, you always look so adorable! :)
And don't get me started on all the terrible bad (yet delicious) food that I have been eating! It's amazing I still fit in my clothes! haha.

I would not have been able to survive all those stores, wonderful job!

Kaylee
xo