Thursday, December 8, 2011

free as a bird

I just turned in my final paper for the quarter, which means that I am now feeling oh-so-free! I am currently rewarding myself with a caramel sauce latte and play time downtown. But more importantly, it means that I have the ability to dress well again. You know, on account of being well-slept for the first time in weeks and stuff. This sweater has quickly become my most prized possession during days spent in the library and coffee shops--really, just ask my boyfriend, who has seen me in it approximately 100 times in the last two weeks. I thrifted this vintage Express skirt months ago and finally got the chance to wear it today...am officially in love with how soft it is and how perfect the length is. Also, my breakfast perfectly matched my outfit this morning. All in all: best day ever. 

Congrats to everyone who is donezo with Fall Quarter! And those of you whose finals are still looming: good luck! There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it is covered in tinsel. xoxo

skirt & hat: thrifted, sweater: Forever 21, tights: Kohl's, shoes: Old Navy

17 comments:

Wild Flower said...

Oh so jealous! I still have two finals to go haha. Anywho, I love this outfit. :) The knee highs are adorable and that color of your skirt just makes me happy! And reminds me of pumpkin pie, yummy!

Kaylee
xo

The Semi Sweet said...

Adorable outfit!!! I seriously love the skirt!!

Anonymous said...

you're pretty adorable
xoxo

Unknown said...

what a cute outfit! I love all the different aspects of it - knee highs, stripes, hat. They all come together so well!

danni said...

I LOVE this combination! the polka dot tights totally finish the outfit off perfectly!
xxo Danni

Simona said...

Wow!
You´ve simply an amazing blog!
I´m totally in love :))
And you´re such a beautiful girl! What about following us each others? I´ll be really happy :)

Simona
www.life-is-a-change.blogspot.com

Sampada said...

I cannot get over how perfect this outfit is!

-Rose

rose-et-violet.blogspot.com

Down This Road said...

ahhh so, SO cute girrl!!! X

Nicole said...

You look sooo pretty!

Midwest Muse said...

This outfit is absolutely perfect. I love every bit of it. The top and skirt both look so comfortable and warm! Congrats on being done with fall quarter. Oh what a relief it is.

Audrey B said...

oh I adore this outfit! I love the striped sweater and those adorable tights! Lovely blog! www.casualglamorous.com

Mikhaila said...

Loooove this look!

I have that same mug...only it's the birdcage one. :)

nest + venture said...

@Mikhaila, it is one of my favorite mugs! I have the birdcage one, too. best $2 I eva spent. :)

erica marie said...

I love that photo of you with your coffee mug...so adorable!

xo erica

bridget anne said...

this looks so good on you, char! favorite, favorite, favorite.

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

That skirt is amazing, great find! Love the hat & black and white striped top w/ it. Def know that feeling of finally getting enough sleep, that was my past days but unfortunately Tues it's back to work : (

http://dusanabotswana.com/

nick johnson said...

This is the first time I was able to read an article on this topic without being bored.It's not only informative, but it keeps the reader's interest and it's just plain smart.donezo