Friday, January 6, 2012

Casual Friday

I have lots to post from the end of December, but thought I'd return to the blogging world with a quick outfit post. It has been rainy, windy, and gloomy here all week, which forced me to take photos inside this morning. This weather also makes me want to dress warm & comfy--I made the mistake of wearing tights yesterday and froze on the walk home. Jeans & a sweater it is!
I'm still loving these loafers I thrifted for $2.50 last month. And you know what the best part about wearing loafers is? The small heel makes that authoritative click-clack when I walk, which is just so satisfying--and I don't even have to wear heels. Win-win. I'm also kind of obsessed with this tiny gold bow ring that one of my best friends got me for my birthday. I don't usually wear gold, but it's so delicate and sweet!

Now: a weekend consisting of broom hockey, an old friend's concert, drinks and dancing, cooking, and relaxing. Yes please. xoxo!

sweater & rings: Forever 21, shirt: H&M, bag & shoes: thrifted, pea coat: Target, scarf: garden & sea

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I really love that leopard print heart necklace! This is such a great casual look. The loafers are awesome. I'd love to find some at that great of a deal!

Mikhaila said...

Love the whole look! And that scarf is sooo cozy looking. I just ordered a bunch of my instagrams in prints so I can hang them on clothespins like that. So cute.:)

Two Happy Hearts said...

ohh, you're such a cutie! i love that leopard heart necklace.

Anonymous said...

I really love your loafers and the fact that they're thrifted! And both your rings are beautiful.

http://houseofwren.blogspot.com/

Wren

Elliespeaks said...

Thanks for the Blog comments! I love the loafers. Such a good find!

melody said...

I looove those loafers and your outfit is so casual chic! I know what you mean by having to take photos indoors because of the rainy, gloomy weather... That's why I find it hard to be wearing heels and such like other bloggers do. We really do have to cater to our weather here because it's bipolar. Haha.

Belated Happy Birthday again!! Those rings are gorgeous by the way.

melody.iliria

Anonymous said...

This is a great casual outfit! And I love the addition of the coat and scarf too :)

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

Maria Chloe said...

Awww, how cute:)
-loadsofashion.blogspot.com

TRAVEL DESIGNERY said...

Such pretty rings! especially the little bow one :-)

You have cool stuff on here so I'm adding you to my google follow..let's talk soon!

Hugs from NYC
TravelDesignery.com

.

Luna S said...

love your yellow scarf!

luna
lunaoffduty.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You've mastered the look of prep, that's all I have to say.

Okay, not really, I have more: Yes, yes, yes! I love shoes that clickity-clack down the hallway. I've been mistaken for a teacher in more than one case, but who cares? It's fun to walk at various paces, too, y'know, to make a melody of sounds.

Midwest Muse said...

You look beautiful! This is such a great simple outfit. I need sweaters that I can layer like this.

Rachel said...

I'm very impressed by the thriftiness of your buys! 2.50 is beyond impressive, but I'm always scared of buying thrifted shoes. I just can't wash those a million times! Love the preppy look

colored--shadows.blogspot.com

Wild Flower said...

Really love this casual look, you are stunning, as always! Glad you had a good trip and made it back safely!

Can I borrow that sweater? :)

Kaylee
xo