Tuesday, January 17, 2012

oh, Canada.

Whistler "handwarmers": hot cocoa w. peppermint schnapps & hot cocoa w. fireball. They warm you riiight up.
These photos are quite a jump from the post below--approximately 60 degrees between the two! My 3-day weekend was spent in Whistler with eleven amazing friends and we had so much fun. Luckily for me, I got a snow day today and my weekend has been stretched into four days--and I needed the rest. This outfit is from our first full day there, which was spent relaxing in our cozy house, strolling around the village, drinking hot chocolate (some with an extra kick in it) and ending with a night of dancing. This was my first time in the snow this winter, and I thought it was a perfect chance to wear my BB Dakota cape that Raleigh got me for Christmas. I had been lusting over it for over a month, and was so, so excited when I opened my present and saw it. I decided to add a mix of prints in, because Clinton Kelly told me I should (seriously, I got to ask him a fashion question two years ago and he was very enthusiastic about mixed prints). Two layers of socks, a thick hat, and I was ready to enjoy the snowy afternoon with some of my favorite people in the world. 

Now, I am off to enjoy a lazy snow day. Have you guys had snow yet? Do you love it or hate it?

cape: Urban Outfitters, sweater: Forever 21, booties: Old Navy, hat: Charlotte Russe, bag: thrifted

15 comments:

Amelia said...

love that cape! adorable :)

Unknown said...

your cape is so pretty, and i love the winter setting!

xo,
steffy
http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Jen Hammer said...

THE CAPE!! I love it! You look so pretty! It looks a lot like this in Alaska right now and your post makes me want to go outside and take outfit photos, but it's -22 right now so I'm not fully motivated :)

Anonymous said...

i could use one of those hot cocos right now, not because i'm cold...just because haha! and yeah, i'm totally loving that cape

Anonymous said...

love those mittens in the last photo!!

Seeking Style said...

Love your style! That cape is great!

xo Jennifer

http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

two birds said...

Oh my gosh, you are gorgeous! I love this cape! And the mix of prints is perfection. Clinton Kelly was right! Ha!

two birds said...

you look so cute! that picture of you before the hot cocoa is absolutely gorgeous!

The Semi Sweet said...

The cape is very lovely and I'm loving the landscape photos!! So pretty!!

Unknown said...

That cape is fantastic! I love how cozy and cute this outfit is. The boots are just what I've been wanting lately too.
Also, that's awesome that you got to ask Clinton Kelly a question. I love that guy.

Angela said...

Lovely outfit! I'd love to have one of those "handwarmers" :)

Angela
http://angeladissected.blogspot.com

Elliespeaks said...

Cor! I want me some of that hot chocolate - looks yum. So jealous of your snow AND your snow day. Love the outfit. Practical and chic - trés bien!

his_girl_friday said...

I am loving this outfit. It looks so chic, fun and warm.

Nikki said...

I'm in love with your coat, you look amazing!! And your dog is so adorable!! Thank you so much for your very sweet comment hehe:) Xx

Caitlin said...

i almost bought those boots at old navy a while ago and convinced myself not to spend more money.
now i'm regretting it. love those!