Wednesday, January 11, 2012

remembering what sun feels like

This is how a Washington girl does Arizona in December: a summer dress + a winter scarf. Because it's confusing to gain 25+ degrees within a day's travel, and one doesn't quite know what to do with herself. So please excuse my seasonally dysfunctional outfit...it just happened. Not that I'm complaining about the weather--I'd almost forgotten what WARM sunlight feels like! My bones started thawing immediately, only to freeze again when we flew back into rainy Seattle. 
I wore this outfit for dinner + shopping + a movie, which I'll probably say a few times, because the trip was full of it! This particular night was sushi at Blue Wasabi, which is so hip that even the wasabi is, in fact, blue, and the movie Young Adult (which I do not recommend). I've honestly never eaten so much good food as I did on our trip...I was consistently full. Yet never stopped eating. Blame it on the alcohol holidays. 

dress: Forever 21 (borrowed from sister), belt & flats: Target, scarf: garden and sea, jacket: UO

11 comments:

Ashlyn said...

I love the winter/summer look! especially that dress! so cute! I'm definitely missing the warmer weather...

flitandfancy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

lol I absolutely abhor when the weather-man is indecisive like that! haha. Always confusing as to what to wear. Anyway you look so adorable in this outfit. Blue and plum look deliciously lovely together and on you =)

Eeli x

Anonymous said...

I love the colours and the quirkiness of mixing winter and summer!

http://houseofwren.blogspot.com/

Wren

Unknown said...

Stole* from sista. You sneaky Mom!

Maria- CityLaundry said...

this is so so cute! love the back!
xx

www.citylaundry.blogspot.com

Jul said...

What a beautiful dress! I'm glad it's so sunny and warm there (here it's very cold but sunny indeed). And I actually love the outfit, even if it's "seasonally dysfuncional", haha ^^
Life is a romantic poem

Midwest Muse said...

The detailing on the back of that dress is so beautiful and that scarf is the perfect color.

melody said...

adore the dress, especially the back cut! i also love the color combo with the scarf and nude bag!

Nicole said...

Love your dress! :)

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

hahah I knew everyone I see around the college campus must be from colder places! It definitely gets nice and warm during the days but I still need a light jacket at least. You look so adorable though, love the summer dress, scarf combo. Glad you had a great time in my home state : )
http://dusanabotswana.com/

Sarah said...

I love your dress!!!

ps i'm hosting a giveaway at the moment if you fancy taking a look

500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
x