Friday, January 20, 2012

Casual Friday

I did a "Casual Friday" post two weeks ago and thought I would make it a semi-weekly feature. I think bloggers sometimes feel pressure to only post their fancy/intricate/dressy outfits, but I personally like to see what people wear on the average day. Let me know if you think I should keep doing these kinds of posts! 
This outfit was inspired by this pin--I loved the look of stripes + a floral scarf + a cardigan. I almost did a striped dress instead, but looking out the window at the snow slightly terrified me and I went for jeans (with sweater tights underneath!). I dressed the look up with some red lipstick and was ready to take on the day! Happy Friday, everyone. And hello to my new followers! Welcome. xoxo Charity

scarf, boots, and blazer: thrifted, jeans: AE, shirt & hat: Charlotte Russe, necklace: Urban Outfitters

12 comments:

Theresa said...

This is really cute, I love the stripes and pretty floral scarf!

Anonymous said...

The scarf and necklace are too cute :)

melody said...

love the hat! i also love your "casual fridays". i actually prefer everyday wear because really everyday wear is when fashion and style comes to life. hope you're having an amazing friday!

Nikki said...

I love seeing everyday wear, sometimes it makes for better inspiration!:) xx

Angela said...

casual friday is a good idea! you should keep up with it as a weekly feature. :)

Sarah Hartley said...

I agree- I love seeing what people wear for a more casual look, especially because that's what I'm normally wearing. I love that scarf, it's gorgeous! I'm now following and hope you'll stop by some time and say hi :)
Sarah
http://comingunstitched.blogspot.com

Dus of Cuddly Cacti said...

good to hear you had sweater tights under, sounds so freezing over there! Love that blazer & boots- amazing thrift finds! Love how you put the pictures up like that, I used to do that soo long & had forgotten.
http://dusanabotswana.com/

Am2Pm Chic said...

Cute outfit, I really like your jacket, love your idea of photos hanging on the wall.
Christy

http://am2pmchic.blogspot.com/

Nicole said...

That blazer is awesome :) Oh and the shoes!

Megan said...

LOVE that hat on you! The blazer and scarf are adorable also. You always look so darn cute! :) Happy Monday.

Mattie @ Frock Candy said...

Love your blog and style!!!


x.o. Mattie
http://www.twitter.com/frockcandy

Harley said...

loving your style.