Wednesday, May 30, 2012

insta lately

Relay for Life fundraisers: 1,000 cranes for a cure / homemade sourdough bread our team sold
Jeopardy Magazine, my first time being published / my last day of childcare for these cuties
Mt. St. Helen's Vietnam Band / Metric performing on campus
fake bartending in the cabin / essentials for Memorial Day weekend
relaxing by the lake / being as classy as possible and/or celebrating America w. my sister
getting ready to fish / a quick stop home to give this guy some love

It's been an eventful few weeks! Starting with Relay for Life last weekend, I feel like I haven't had a calm moment since--and I mean that in the best possible way. Life has been full of small celebrations lately, whether we're celebrating the publication of Jeopardy, my university's literary & fine arts journal that I have three pieces in, or Memorial Day, or money raised for cancer research or simply the fact that the sun is out. I spent a perfect weekend on a lake with my best friends, filled with American flags and boating and cheap beer and long bonfire talks. I even got to introduce my pup to my best guy friends on the way home--really, I absolutely cannot complain about life right now. The luckiest. 

I also just found out that a poem I wrote about Seattle is going to be published in the Spring '12 issue of Line Zero and I couldn't be more excited. It's an absolute honor & inspiration for me, as a writer and as a PNW resident. Can't wait to see it! 

follow along on Instagram @charityvictoria

18 comments:

alissa b said...

love these photos! my two favorites, other than that adorable pup, is the one with your sister (and your twinsies bathing suits lol) and the one of your weekend essentials!

love it! great post!

alissa b
http://alissab.us

Nikki | The Ginger Diaries said...

Congratulations on getting published! That's so excting!! :) x

Two Happy Hearts said...

I love your all-American bathing suits! So cute.

Anonymous said...

congratulations on the publication!! woohoo! :) Loved your Memorial day pics too.

bridget anne said...

congratulations on both publications! jeopardy looks more beautiful than ever. and 1000 paper cranes for eternal peace? it's actually on our bucket list.

The Braided Bandit said...

I love these, i actually just instagrammed a beautiful display of paper cranes yesterday! I love the one of you and your sister celebrating good ole america in matching suits, so cute!

Nav said...

cute bikini :)

http://navlandstyle.blogspot.ca

Marlen said...

these are all such pretty photos- look at your pup! and i love all the colors of the cranes. congrats on being published 4 times!! that's such an exciting week! what'd you write your pieces on?

nest + venture said...

@Marlena: They are all on different things. One poem is about Seattle, one is about miscarriage (my mom had two), and one is about a girl meeting her loved one's parents for the first time. And one is a creative nonfiction piece about my brother. Thanks for asking!

Jenny said...

Such fun photos! Love the 1000 cranes for a cure :)

Seize the Styles

Jessica Broyles said...

Just found your blog, and I love it! Cute pictures!

www.highheelstosneakers.com

Amelia said...

haha love those americana swim suits. about to go follow you on instagram right now!

Kristen said...

Sounds like you've been busy! Congrats on being published! Love the Memorial Day attire...always gotta show America some love : )

Bernadeth G. said...

great set of photos! cute kids :3

I have an ongoing giveaway on my blog, please join! :) xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

yiqin; said...

i need to get instagram!!

teresweetstyle said...

great photos honey, i want summer now! :P

xx

Unknown said...

I love how these pictures are the perfect epitome of what summer should be like! perfection! :)

daydream frenzy

eliz said...

Gosh I loooove Metric!