Friday, July 15, 2011

theme party 3: Candyland

7
If you've been reading for a while, you may know that I just can't resist a theme party--remember the poncho party and the 90s party? They make parties so much fun, and so much more enjoyable to photograph. My roommate turned 21 last week, and opted for a Candyland themed party! Now, first a disclaimed: the morning of the party, I had to get up at 5:30 am for work and got off just in time to shower, get dinner, and get ready for the party. So I didn't dress up as one of the characters and didn't have a ton of time to get ready. BUT, I did have a new dress from Urban Outfitters that I've been dying to wear. And, it happened to be striped. I knew I wanted to wear it, so I thought of copping out and just going as a "Sweetheart"...until it came to me! I went as a Candy Striper--not to be confused with Candy Stripper, as happened several times that night. You know, the volunteer nurses in the 1950s who got the nickname from their white-and-red striped uniforms? I threw on the dress, all the pink accessories I had, a nametag of sorts, and I was good to go.
2
6
Raleigh didn't dress up, but his puppy shirt is always a party favorite.
8
My roommate Brittany, the birthday girl, dressed as Princess Lolly.
17
..aaaand so did the girl next to her. Competition! ;)
4
18
These girls are sitting right where we did several cake walks throughout the night. Everybody brought either cakes or cookies to share and to use as prizes. As the night went on, the cake walks turned more into cake dances. So sweet!
15
10
The headband started to squeeze my head after a while, so I lost it halfway through the night. Beauty is pain, but not when you're trying to dance!
5
Can't wait for the next themed party. What are some good themes you've done/thought of? I'm ready to start planning MY 21st already!

Dress: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Target
Necklace and Scarf (worn as belt): Thrifted

3 comments:

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

What a cute party! Looks like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Such an amazing idea for a party! You look cute as a cupcake :)

thistimeisacharm.blogspot.com

Betti said...

wow you have such great friend, where did you get them? x